Monday, March 31, 2014

"Where bare feet and sandy floors rule"


I'm so insanely lucky to have been able to go to Seaside, Florida over spring break. My awesome parents were all for the idea and off I went to Seaside with 7 of my best friends. 


Seaside was right out of a Nicholas Sparks book (The Last Song, anyone?). I was lucky enough to fly, so I got there a little earlier than the others. Pulling up to the house was beautiful. It was an adorable yellow house with white shutters right on the beach. We immediatly rented some cruiser bikes and rode nearly everywhere. 

The beach was pretty chilly some days, but we ended up digging a big ditch in the sand to lay in to get away from the wind. I managed to get a lot of sun (complete with a massive sunburn) and plenty of reading time (I highly recommend The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks... such a good summer read).

Spending time with the girls was just what I needed and we had lots of laughs. I love the idea of having a big family, so spending the week with them was like having a huge family of my own, complete with 4 moms!


In review, the week consisted of tanning, pb & j sandwiches, biking into town, buying lots of Seaside shirts, eating at food trucks, taking naps, staying up late, and eating reeeealllyyy good food. I tried calamari for the first and I loved it! I'm usually the pickiest eater around, but I came out of my shell a little bit.

So, all in all, Seaside was amazing. If anyone wants to chip in and help me buy a beach house down there, let me know. ;)



Happy monday everyone! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment