Monday, April 7, 2014

See ya later, Lariettes!

Carl & Mack. Best lieutenants I could ask for.

Lariette team and officer tryouts for next year were held last Friday and Saturday. It was weird seeing the tryouts and meeting new girls knowing that I won't be on the team next year. After being captain for two years, how do I just walk away from it all?



Senior comes with several endings, but Lariettes may be the biggest ending of all. With the end of drill team comes the end of my dance career. Everyday someone asks me if I plan on dancing in college, and the answer is no. I'm not sure why I don't want to dance anymore, but I just don't. I've danced since I was four years old, so 15 years of dancing seems like enough. 




Although Lariettes came with it's fair share of drama and freakouts, I really will miss it. I may not miss everypart of it, but when I think back to high school, I'll think of those crazy stressful Lariettes times. It's time for me to say bye to 7 am practices (although I'm not too sad about that), no more whistle blowing, football games on the field, cheering for John, sore mornings (not sad about that either), white fringe, and high kicks. It's bittersweet to say the least. 



On the next chapter of my life (Austin, here I come!)
Bye Lariettes, you've been good to me.

1 comments:

  1. ok, I wasn't even in lariettes and I think I might cry at this post.

    ReplyDelete