Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas on the Beach (just kidding - kind of)

^ Matching with my favorite girlies!

If you know me at all, you know that Christmas is my jam. I wait all year long for this special time and when it's here, it goes by waaaay too fast! I started listening to Christmas music in November and even that isn't long enough to enjoy it. I think I may have been a North Pole elf in a past life. 

^ Walking in a weiner wonderland!

On Christmas Eve morning, John and I stuck with our tradition of going to Local Diner for breakfast. After some chocolate chip pancakes and a lot of coffee, I went home to finish up some wrapping. The weather here has been so warm and it was about 75 degrees on Christmas Eve (don't even get me started on the 80 degree Christmas Day weather...) so it didn't feel like Christmas at all! I tried to get into the spirit, but it proved to be really difficult! When your wearing shorts and a t-shirt on Christmas Eve, it's hard to feel very festive. John joked that we were spending Christmas on the beach... we might as well have!


For the first time, John got to tag along to my family's Christmas Eve. After 6 Christmases together, I'm so glad he finally got to come! I love getting to share him with my family. We played some games and exchanged white elephant presents, which was hilarious, per usual. We ate a lot of mexican food too, so that's always a plus!

Christmas morning consisted of opening presents, eating brunch and then taking a nap. As I get older, it feels less and less like Christmas every year. But, Christmas time is magical and it always will be.

^ My sweet, pooped puppies on Christmas morning.


^ Merry Christmas from John and I!

^ And just for funsies, here's a pic of the flowers John sent me for our 5 year (5 years?!) anniversary! He knows I love Christmas and sent me a Christmas bouquet he said! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment