Saturday, November 26, 2016

Thankful Thoughts

^ It's always hard taking pictures with him... at least he's cute?

Every year around this time I realize how much I have to thankful for. It's an infinite list of wonderful things that makes me believe I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I am surrounded by the most loving and supportive family, loved by a kind and patient boy, a student at the greatest university in the world and cherished by sweet friends just to name a few. 

As thankful as I am for the incredible gifts in my life, I'm also thankful for the lessons I've learned. I'm learning to be more patient, understanding and forgiving. I'm learning to work hard for myself. I'm learning how to be a good friend and daughter. I'm learning so much every single day. 

Something about winter makes me so jittery and excited - I can't help but do a happy dance when I think about this time of year. Something about the cold and twinkly lights and memories truly makes it the happiest time of the year. I have a lot to be thankful for - the season being one of them.

This year's Thanksgiving was casual and comfortable. Just a few members of my family got together for some good food and conversation. Later that night, we decorated our tree and watched a movie (Bad Moms... raunchy, but hilarious to say the least). I ate a lot of pumpkin pie leftovers which is never a bad thing. Then today, my grandma put together another Thanksgiving for us! I will never argue against two Thanksgiving dinners!

Yesterday, John and I had a day to ourselves which was much needed! We cooked dinner and watched Gilmore Girls. Not to spoil anything, but I'm actually really upset about the way Gilmore Girls ended. After being an avid fan for years, it was not the ending I wanted... I'm obviously really passionate about Gilmore Girls - maybe a little too much?

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas! It truly is the best time of the year. Go eat a candy cane, listen to some Christmas music and hug your loved ones!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment