Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year, New Me?


I guess it's that time of year again - time for some New Year's Resolutions. I've never been very good at them... actually I'm horrible at keeping them. But, it never hurts to try right? I have some resolutions, not just for 2017, but for my life in general. Resolutions to add positivity and happiness and better health to my life!

2016 was wonderful to me, as every year is. Life seems to exhausting and way too hard sometimes, but when I look back, I see how immensely blessed I am. That's not to say I had 2016 didn't have it's challenges - I said goodbye to my Grandpa which absolutely broke my heart. Anything else "bad" that happened this year seems so small in comparison. Life is funny like that - things that seem so important and horrible are forgotten as time goes on. Good things that happened  consisted of my family or friends or my Johnny boy. Too many happy things happened to simply list here. 

I'm excited for 2017 and what it will bring.  It's a humbling feeling sitting here thinking about the next year and not having any clue as to what will happen. What will I be doing this time next year? What will I feel? Who will I be with? I love this crazy mystery that is my life.



Some resolutions: 1. Be more present. Put my phone down more. Look around. 2. Don't freak out so much... recognize that things are out of my control. 3. Be there for anyone who needs someone. Love and help them. 4. WORK OUT!!! 5. Read more books. Just for fun. 6. Respond to people. Text, email, call them back, whatever. 7. Eat more fruits and veggies. 8. Stop being selfish - put other people before me. 9. Get outside more! 10. Spread more joy. As a pessimist... be positive!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment