Saturday, January 7, 2017

Coffee Talk with John

^ His & Her's snow boots... and Riley 

I loooove a good coffee shop. If you know me at all, you know coffee shops are like heaven on earth to me. But John on the other hand - he's not a huge fan. So today, I finally dragged him along with me to a Starbucks. It's been snowing here all day (which is crazy) and the Starbucks we are in is like, literally 30 degrees. It's as cold in here as it is outside. My hands are ice as I'm typing this, so I apologize for any typos. So I'm not too happy that John is finally in one of my favorite places and it's pretty miserable .

John is working on school stuff while I don't really have anything to work on, expect my blog and my peppermint mocha latte. So, to make things better, I've decided to ask John a few questions. 

What is your all-time favorite movie? "All time favorite? Hm. I Am Legend. Starring Will Smith. Because it's a great story of a courageous man finding himself... it's really cool because of zombies and action and stuff... but it's also kind of spiritual and it has a lot of reggae music. It has a weird but good message. It's pretty intense. At one point, I thought Will Smith was the best actor."

What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? "I love my girlfriend" - him "People would be surprised to know that??? I'm offended." - me "Okay never mind. People would be surprised to know about the brain behind the brawn. I am a nerd. Just looking at me you wouldn't know it... but I'm the geekiest guy. Sometimes I think Madison doesn't even know that." *editor's note: I do know that.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? "Anywhere with you. Okay, actually I feel like living near a beach would be the most relaxing... life is so simple in a beach town. You can only work at the gas station or at the grocery store. I'd like to own the gas station."

What do you love most about me? "I love... I don't know, you're really fun and love to do things. You come up with fun things to do. Naturally, I'm a very sedated person... I don't venture outside the confines out of my house very often. But, you make me do fun things."

What do you like most Yale? "I want to say the people, but I don't like a lot of the people there as well. It's cool to be with people with such varying backgrounds, but the longer I've been there, the more I realize the people are all the same... It's annoying." *I then reminded him of the question* "Okay, it's really easy to have intellectual conversations. You can argue a point, expect about politics, without people getting super offended."


0 comments:

Post a Comment