Sunday, April 27, 2014

Disappointment vs. Joy


Disappointment sucks. It always seems that disappointments come in groups. If it's one disappointment, another is bound to follow. I tend to be a list maker, whether it be in my head or in my planner. So naturally, I make a list of all of my disappointments. The list goes on and on, and eventually, I start looking for things that make me unhappy just so I can add it to my "list". Why do I do that? Couldn't tell ya. I've always been a pessimist, I guess. 

But today, I'm telling myself to be happy. I don't have to be everything, get everything, have everything (even though I always think I do). Disappointment is a part of life; you have good days and you have bad days. I've been lucky enough to have a really good life with really awesome blessings. But, somehow those disappointments always overpower the blessings. I can be surprised with a gift or spend the day with John, but the minute I get a bad grade, it all goes down hill. I'm sure a lot of you can relate. 

So now, I choose JOY. My life is in a bit of a transition phase (graduating, realizing who my real friends are, etc.) but it doesn't matter. JOY is what matters. So, in honor of my list making, here is a list things that bring me JOY.

-My Mom & Dad & Grandparents
- JOHN
- My puppies and long walks with them
- Eating healthy and feeling better about myself
-Coke (scratch eating healthy...)
- Gideon... especially my baby, Mukunth
- Blogs
- People having babies and finding out people are preganant
- Starbucks new sweet tea lemonade
- This weather 
- Wearing baseball caps
- Jesus Calling

My list could go on and on, but I'm sure you don't want to read about every single blessing in my life, since you have several blessings of your own. So today, I challenge you to choose joy with me. It'll be hard, but it's worth a shot.

(Thank you Leah Witham for some more senior pictures!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment