Saturday, May 16, 2015

When You Bring a Bulldog to Austin

This past week Johnny Boy came to Austin. He came home last week for summer, so I made my way home too, picked him up, and brought him back to Austin with me for one last final. I have been dreaming of the day John could finally come to Austin and the timing worked out perfectly. Of course, I had everything planned out, but the rain messed things up (apparently I go to school in Seattle). We were still able to have fun - John always just goes with the flow! We went to my favorite restaurants and places and even got dressed up for a little date downtown (we later got table side s'mores... how awesome is that?) I felt so happy that I could show John just a little piece of my life and why I love Austin so much.



There are times when I think things would be so much easier if John went to UT with me. But then I realize that actually, the distance has been good for us. We've both learned to become more independent and get out of our little shell together. Especially me. I always keep John in the back of my mind, but being at school, I have had to do things on my own without him by my side. It's given me the chance to grow. I was scared we would go to college and come back different. But every time I see him, things click right back into normal as if he never left. This first year has been a true test of our relationship and I'm happy to say... we passed. I love this boy with all of my heart; the next three years will be tough, but I know that we can get through anything. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment