Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Lake Daze




This past weekend, I got to go the lake with John and his family. It was so so so fun. We left on Saturday morning and stayed till Monday morning. I was sad we couldn't have stayed longer! The lakehouse we stayed at was John's sister's boyfriend's and it was in Daisy, Arkansas.. a super cute small town!

When we arrived on Saturday, it started raining as soon as we put our swimsuits on. Bummer. We passed the time by playing some card games. When the rain stopped, we went out on the jet skis. It was my first time riding a jet ski, and let me tell you, I was scared. There were two jet skis, and of course the one I was on kept tipping over. John's sister, Christina, and I literally tipped over 4 or 5 times before we even got 10 feet from the dock. I couldn't stop laughing! For dinner, we had yummy burgers. After that, it was game time. We played this suuuuuper fun game called Mexican Train. If you don't know how to play, figure it out and then call me up. :) Of course, I was so bad the first few times I played, but I got the hang of it eventually. But no matter how good you were, no one could beat Stephanie because she just had luck on her side. Boo.

After a night of interesting sleep (John's alarm went off like, three times in the middle of the night and I was just about ready to kill him), we got up, had some breakfast, and went straight to the lake. We were out there all day long. I wouldn't of had it any other way! Johnny and I took the jet skis out and I got air! It was hilarious. I was going so fast and hit a wave and boom, I was in the air! It was pretty awesome, I must say. John looooved the jet ski so much. He was doing crazy figure 8s and hitting every wave. It was hysterical just watching him from the dock. He was having so much fun. After a long day in the sun, J and I came back in to find were sunburned reeeallly good (curse you pale skin). So, that night was pretty rough. I put loads and loads of aloe vera on. I had my glasses on and my hair in a bun on top of my head, so I looked rough. I'm surprised J didn't scream when he saw me. But he's a trooper. ;) Later that night we played with some sparklers, and had a few more rounds of Mexican Train, woohoo!

I can't wait to go back someday, hopefully. Getting to spend so much time with John was amazing. After a week long mission trip with no communication, I really missed that boy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment