Monday, November 2, 2015

Yale Round 2


Well, I had another trip to New Haven that is one for the books. I flew in on Thursday night and by Sunday I was dreading the fact that I had to leave, of course.

When I showed up on Thursday, I was rolling my suitcase through campus, when I crossed the street and there was John! My guy. We smiled and giggled and hugged and I was so happy to see him again. Whenever we see each other again, it’s so funny because things instantly click back into normal, as if we were never apart. I love that about us – that even after months of separation, we will always remain the same. Later, we grabbed some pizza and cookies and walked through campus a bit. We stayed up late catching each other up on everything.


The next day, John had football practice for a few hours. So, I was left to be on campus, all by myself! I strapped on my backpack and tried to blend in with the Ivy Leaguers as much as possible. I think it worked, considering people asked me for directions – twice!!! Yale’s campus is so beautiful. I was walking around in complete heaven looking at the buildings and bricks and changing trees. I found a Starbucks (naturally) and waited for a couple hours before John’s family showed up and he got done with practice. We grabbed pizza for dinner (yep, two nights in a row… it’s New Haven, so what else are you going to eat?) and caught up with his family.





Saturday was game day! I’ve been waiting for the day I would finally get to see John play football again. I get butterflies just thinking about those first couple weeks when we started to crush on each other, when I would see him out on the field. I would gush to my friends about him and watch #47 the entire game. Who cares about the score when you get to see John play, right? Yale lost, sadly, but John played so well. I am so proud of him! We were lame on Halloween night, but John was exhausted and deserved a night of rest. So, we ended the day by watching Beetlejuice (such a strange movie) and snuggling up with his siblings.


Now, I am typing this on a very bumpy plane and heading for Austin. I actually considered skipping my flight and going home another time… maybe next weekend? But, school and responsibilities await. Seeing John always makes me feel like I’m in a dream where everything is okay and I have nothing to do but be with him. I wish I could stay with him forever!

1 comments: