Friday, October 30, 2015

That Winter Feeling

^ Our second winter together out in the "snow". I obviously was in need of some selfie taking practice.

I'm currently sitting at a Starbucks in New Haven while John is at football practice. Today, I walked around by myself and tried to pretend I knew where I was going. Someone even asked for directions and I got a student discount at the Yale Bookstore. I look like I go here!!! (I know I look like a normal college student on a college campus but, like, it's Yale. Just go with it and make me feel smart)

Being here in chilly weather has made me really excited for winter. Everyone has cute scarves and hats and look all bundled up. Something about the winter season is so exciting. It sounds cheesy, but it's such a magical time of year. I get giddy just thinking about. Summer is great and all, but you can only wear Nike shorts and t-shirts for so long... I also might be a little bitter about Summer because I manage to somehow never get a tan. But, that's beside the point.

There are so many exciting things in winter. Like, Thanksgiving, Christmas, warm clothes, Christmas, fire pits, cuddle sessions, and did I mention Christmas? I also think I love winter because I started dating John in December. I think back to that time and how exciting it was. I remember being out in the cold together for our first couple of dates, while my stomach did flip flops at the thought of him becoming my boyfriend. The night we became "official" we were out looking at Christmas lights together. For our three year anniversary, John took me out on a "Christmasy" date with all of my favorite things. Like Christmas lights and Christmas movies and ice skating. And last year, when I came to visit in February, John and I went to New York City while snow fell around us. Besides the feeling of hypothermia, it was the perfect winter setting.

There is just so much about winter to love. 

^ An oldie but goodie, walking around outside looking at Christmas lights. John eventually grew out of his inability to take a serious picture (kind of) :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment