Monday, October 5, 2015

Austin City Limits


Guys. This weekend was so. good. 
A couple months back, I bought a 3 day pass for the Austin City Limits music festival. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into, but I liked the line up and knew I needed to go at some point as a UT college student. Everyone talked about how much they loved it, but I kinda wondered how great it could actually be. But, let me tell you - it lived up to the hype!

^ Day 1

^ Day 2

^ Day 3
I walked into Zilker Park, trying to take it all in. There are about 7 different stages, all scattered throughout the park. On Day 1, we were front row at Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors and then watched a little bit of Disclosure. But Saturday... AHHH. We get to the park and immediately headed to echosmith, then Ryn Weaver (I met her!!!), Misterwives (front row!!!), and then Twenty One Pilots. I was so stinkin' happy. They all put on an amazing show that I didn't want to end! Later, we saw Walk the Moon, Alabama Shakes, and then DRAKE. I really don't know many Drake songs, but I went because like, duh, it's Drake. 


That night, we got home absolutely exhausted and totally sunburned. But, I went to bed smiling anyways. We woke up Sunday morning in desperate need of some energy and coffee, and made our way back to Zilker for the last day! We started off the day with Daughter, then saw BøRNS (they were incredible), Ben Howard, and Of Monsters and Men. Of Monsters and Men is my all time favorite band, so I was in complete heaven. My roommate, Emily, said she felt like she was in a dream when she was watching them, and I couldn't have said it better myself. We ended the day with The Weeknd and lots of crazy dancing.

I basically survived on a lot of Coca Cola, P-Terry's, and quick naps between shows. The days were long, but freaking awesome.


I wish I could rewind time and go back to this weekend whenever I wanted. Seeing all of these amazing musicians made the intense heat and hurting feel so worth it. So, totally worth it. Even though this thing is called Austin City Limits, I really think it has no limits. Now back to reality... applying aloe vera, doing lots of homework and studying. Yay college!

0 comments:

Post a Comment