Friday, July 12, 2013

Europe Part 1: London


London was everything I had hoped for and more. The buildings were beautiful and there was something interesting on every street corner. I loved it. 

We did SO MUCH in London. Our hotel was a 2 minute walk to Buckingham palace which was insane. We walked there the first night and had dinner down the street. The next day we went to see Big Ben and Westminster Abbey. We got to go in and see where William and Kate got married. To say I was excited would be an undertstatment. We also went to the Tower of London and saw the crown jewels. One of the most beautiful things we saw was Windsor Castle. It's the castle that the queen stays in during the summer. It was so amazing to see how old it was and where the old kings and queens used to stay. It was incredible. We did so much more, I can't even think about how to write it all down.




We took the Underground everywhere we went. I'm basically the Underground master. I knew what train to take and when at all times. It was so fun to be able to act like a real London native. I'm tellin' ya, I could live there. 









The food was pretty interesting, but I managed to find something to eat everywhere we went. So that was good. One morning I was so hungry that I actually passed out in the hotel lobby. Not kidding. That was pretty interesting to say the least. 

We were exhausted throughout the entire trip. At the end of the day our feet were aching and legs throbbing. So, we all slept pretty heavily. My sister said I even slept talk some nights. 

I'm already ready to go back. London was like New York, but better. I'm ready to pack my bags and find a little apartment a cute street corner. I think I could do it. 

Next post: PARIS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment