Monday, February 3, 2014

"One Pumpkin Spice Latte, Please"


I love a good coffee shop more than the average person. That's why when my friends suggested going to Roots coffee shop in Highland Village, I was more than willing. For some reason, the thought of hanging out in a coffee shop makes me giddy. It's cozy, warm, and somehow makes me much more productive than I am at home (I think it has to do with the fact that my bed is 10 feet away from me and I just can't help but fall asleep...). The coffee wasn't quite as good as the classic Starbucks, but the atmosphere was much better. There were comfy chairs and pillows everywhere, and even mason jars as water cups (Um, hello, drinking out of mason jars? Nothing better than that). I got to check out my favorite blogs, spend sometime with pinterest, and talk with awesome friends. What more could you want?




On Sunday night, I met up with friends for a superbowl party. The party was equipped with Anamia's catering, loooots of sweets, and good company. It's no surprise that I wasn't really interested in the game, but only the commercials and halftime. But, I can't pass up a party with Tex-Mex, friends, and chocolate, even if I have to pretend to enjoy the game ;) We bet on the score of the game and those who won got giftcards, so that was pretty awesome. Sadly, I didn't win, but Johnny did... so he'll share with me. 


This week is focused on Lariettes and getting ready for competition and showoffs. Wish me luck!






0 comments:

Post a Comment