Monday, September 29, 2014

Randomness

^ Mt. Bonnell, you make Austin look reeeeal beautiful

Today, I may or may not have skipped a college class. For the first time, ever (it was an accident, I promise...). So now, my stress level is even higher. Is that even possible? This week will be pretty crazy, with two tests and meetings that seem to be taking up all of my time. But, hey that's okay. Being busy is fun. Sometimes. Right now I'm sitting in the 24 hour quiet study room of SRD (supposed to be studying) and drinking some coffee. It's national coffee day, wahoo!

Last week was pretty great. I got my sorority big (YAY!) and am so so so happy! I'm starting to feel like a real member of Kappa Delta and I can't wait to be initiated. I may not enjoy the party scene or the craziness that can ensue when in greek life, but I truly love KD. Sorority life is the life for me!

I went home for the weekend and totally surprised my parents. My roommate and I hopped in the car on Friday, told nobody, and came home! When I walked into the house, my mom's reaction was priceless (tears may have come later... from me, too). My weekend was spent with looooots of good food and puppy cuddles. After watching "The Fault in Our Stars", my mom and I even had our own little sleepover Friday night! Let me tell ya, going home is good for the soul. Getting to see my favorite people is exactly what I needed. Leaving home will never get any easier, but getting back to Austin didn't feel so weird this time around. It's starting to feel normal to call this place my home... who knows if I'll ever leave. 

Also, I got to watch John play football on TV. I kinda sorta almost cried when I saw him. Man, I miss him. By the way, Yale won. :)

Thanks for reading all my randomness. There's not much to write about, besides studying, studying, and more studying. Back to studying I go. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment