Saturday, October 4, 2014

This Weekend


This weekend has already been totally awesome - and it's only Saturday morning. 
My best friend, Madeline, came to visit me yesterday! I was so so happy. Even though she is an Aggie, I think she enjoyed Austin!
I tried to give her a classic Austin weekend. First, we grabbed lunch at Kerbey Lane and had the Kerbey queso - any austinite would say it's the best (it really is). Later, we stopped by the KD house and gave her a quick tour of campus, where we laid on the in the grass in front of the tower. The weather was absolute perfection. 

^ How crazy beautiful is this? Lovin' this cool, fall weather. 

Later that afternoon, we hopped in the car and drove to the Greenbelt, where we hiked and carved some pumpkins with a good group of friends. Traffic was pretty crazy with Baylor game weekend and the Austin City Limits music festival, but we made it. We hiked, carved pumpkins, ate pineapple, took lots of pictures, and jammed to some country and Disney music. 

^ Besties rock! get it? :)



I carved this pumpkin all by myself! The past few years that I've carved pumpkins, John was there to do the hard arm work, but this year, I was on my own. And of course, I had to make it a KD pumpkin. I may or may not have left the pumpkin on the Kappa Delta house porch... happy halloween, KD ;)

Later, we went to South Congress and ate some dang good pizza. We even had Tiff's Treats cookies and Banarchy for dessert. We ate goooood. The food in Austin is reason enough to come to UT. 


I am so so so thankful for good friends and an amazing best friend who would drive all the way to Austin to see me. Days like yesterday bring me so much joy!

Happy October, everyone! Now go carve some pumpkins. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment