Sunday, November 30, 2014

my thanksgiving break

^ Lookie who came home!

This break was probably the best one yet. I came home last Friday and had a full 9 days here! It was exactly what I needed. And obviously, Johnny boy came home!!! This week with him was so perfect. It made me realize that this long distance relationship is so worth it.


On Tuesday, I went to the airport with his momma to pick him up. Seeing him walk around the corner was one of the coolest moments ever. I couldn't believe my eyes! I was actually seeing him in person.  Afterwards, John wanted to go toWhataburger (obviously) and we went to go see a movie with his family. I was on cloud nine following him around all day!


On Wednesday, we went to the DMA and had an awesome afternoon with his family. We walked around Klyde Warren Park and enjoyed some food truck food.

^ J's fortune cookie.

We spent Thanksgiving with both of our families. I probably gained 10 pounds this week. I was so thankful this year for all the wonderful things in my life! The yummy food just made it all better.


For our three year anniversary, I got him Nutcracker tickets. He enjoyed it, even though the gift was maybe more for me ;) We got all dressed up (for the record, I hate heels) and had a nice, little date! J didn't even fall asleep during the show! I'd say it was a success.


All week long, we played ping pong like the ping pong champs that we are. John is the best at spinning and slamming the ball, but I have the best defense and direction. I'm proud to say I won more games and am the true ping pong champ. John never loses anything - so you could say I rubbed my wins in his face. 

This week was perfect - I haven't laughed so much in a long time! I was worried that when John got home, it would be awkward, you know? We hadn't seen each other in three months, so who knows if we might've changed. But as soon as we saw each other, it was right back to normal! I was so happy that things hadn't changed. He's the same dork that I have loved so much for the past three years. Saying goodbye to him again was hard, but I'll see him in 19 days. I think I can do it ;)

I'm heading back to school in about an hour and can't help but be sad about it. Leaving John and my family is always the worst! With finals coming up, there's not much to look forward to. I just need to get through these next two and a half weeks. I can't wait to be back for Christmas
Happy sunday everyone! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment