Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wednesday Night Update


I thought it was about time to say, hey - I'm back in school and I'm back in the swing of things. Right now, I'm sitting in what my friends and I now call the "living room" getting some homework done (we call it the living room because it's a room that actually makes us feel like we live in a house. and we like it. a lot). 

Coming back to school was hard. As soon as I got here, I just wanted to turn around and drive back home. It has nothing to do with UT, I just love home so much. Family, why do you have to be so good to me? You make me miss home far too often. Unpacking and going to class felt weird after having a month and a half of nothing to do and sleeping in my own bed. But, I've been back for about a week and a half and I'm starting to feel normal again.

Today was beautiful. Like, for real. I laid out - IN A SWIMSUIT! Who would've thought that in January I would be laying out by the pool in a swimsuit. I was sweating, listening to good country music, and dreaming of summer. It was glorious. Later, I hammocked out back and drank a strawberry slush. It sure was fun to pretend it was summer, even if it was only for a little while (my homework quickly brought me back to reality).

Happy hump day, everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment