Sunday, March 8, 2015

Like Father, like Daughter



A lot of people say they have the best parents ever. I'm not saying that they don't have great parents, but I think that have the best parents ever. I know it's true. 

This weekend was Dad's weekend for my sorority so my awesome parents drove all the way to Austin to see me. I was so excited, I was counting down the days till they got here. We saw a movie, dad played some golf (yay for philanthropy events! but sorry you're sore now, dad...) and ate a lot of good food. Having your parents come visit you really is the best thing. My dad and I are oddly similar sometimes. I usually think I'm exactly like my mom, but in some ways, I'm just like my dad. We crack jokes that only each other think are funny; he just gets me. I can always count on him to drag out a joke much longer than it should be with me.

Turning 20 in less than a month (what?) has been making me all nostalgic. On Friday night, we all watched Father of the Bride - a movie my family loves! Never have I cried during that movie, but Friday night was different. I could see myself and my dad in the movie, so cue the crying. When you have the best parents, growing up sucks. Because, you want to stay a kid forever so you can stay with them forever. I've been lucky enough to have parents that have been so involved in every part of my life. Growing up as their daughter has been the greatest gift. I love you Mom & Dad!

0 comments:

Post a Comment