Friday, January 29, 2016

Too Cool for School


I'm back at school and these past two weeks have been interesting. I'm definitely happy to be back - I still firmly believe I go to the best university in the world. But, my homesickness is alive and well. I had such a long and good break at home that it's been hard to adjust back to my school life.

My classes are alright, nothing too great and nothing too horrible! I originally was enrolled in biology. The second day of class I almost broke out into tears because I had no idea what the professor was teaching. It was almost comical... like what the heck is a mitochondria?! I ended up dropping the class that day and it was probably the best decision of my semester thus far. One down side is that I've been pretty spoiled with having no Friday classes the past two semesters, but now I do. Waking up this morning was tough.


Last week, Emily and I met up with my mom and grandma in Waco to visit the Magnolia Market. It was adorable! Sadly, Joanna and Chip weren't there, but maybe next time. When I was considering going to Baylor, I was hesitant because Waco seemed so boring. But, Waco has so much more to offer than what people think! It was actually so cute and had an awesome small town feel. Sorry for writing you off so quickly, Waco! And seeing my mom and grandma was perfect. I had only been gone  a week, but already I missed them so much!



Last night we had a date dash downtown. It's not very fun sometimes, considering I have to dash dateless (where are you John?!) but getting to see my sisters is always great. We got some voodoo donuts afterwards too, so how could I not enjoy that?


Today, I'm trying to enjoy the beautiful weather Austin is experiencing. I'm at Mozart's coffee shop with Emily and Anna getting some work done (them, work. Me, not much work). Birds keeping pooping on us so we're now at our third different table trying to get away from. Wish us luck!


0 comments:

Post a Comment