Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Mind Musings

^ John and I went to a fun country concert a couple weeks ago. It was nice getting out and doing something besides being the couch potatoes we usually are ;)


1. Lately, I've been trying to eat much better than I usually do. During the school year, my diet consisted of carbs in the morning (bagels or biscuits or waffles, etc.), carbs for lunch (hello sandwich and chips!), and carbs for dinner. I'm lucky to have a quick metabolism, but I've been noticing all of those carbs catching up to me. So, I've been more conscious lately of what I've been putting into my body. Let me tell you - it's a struggle. Scrambled egg whites just don't have the same effect of pancakes. And syrup. And bacon.

2. Last week, I ran over a squirrel. It was one of the worst moments of my life (I'm so dramatic, I know). It happened literally 2 minutes into my drive to Dallas for work and I bawled basically the entire car ride. So now, I don't drive without looking for squirrels at all times. I know it was just a squirrel, but still. It was traumatizing. I will never understand people who purposely swerve to run over squirrels like it's game or something... high school boys, I'm looking at you.

3. I want to travel so badly!!! I have the travel bug again. Next summer, I want to go to NYC to intern. Fingers crossed that happens. It sounds incredible to be a New Yorker for a summer. I'm also dying to go to Europe again! On my list? Amsterdam, Barcelona and anywhere in Italy.

4. My summer is halfway over. What?! How did that happen? I just got back home! But, part of me is ready to go back to school. I thrive on being busy and having a routine. But, I know as soon as I get there I'll wish it was summer all over again. Cue my indecisiveness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment