Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Paris!


This post is almost two months late, but who cares. It's time to talk about Paris.

After London, we took a train to Paris. It was awesome. But, when we showed up, it all went downhill from there. The first night we were there was a disaster. Our drive to the hotel was crazy, our hotel was awful, we saw a bird get run over and had its feathers get all over us (I was scarred), then we walked three miles to get some McDonalds (we were in desperate need of normal, American food). That night we walked home pretty defeated and got in our nasty beds. I laid in bed and realized I shouldn't be complaining. This trip is what I've dreamed of so I should enjoy it. And from that point on, I did. 

Paris was much different from London. Much more than I expected. To be honest, Paris was dirtier and didn't feel as safe. People were constantly shoving things in our faces to buy and some parks smelled like pee. Ew. I couldn't understand what anyone was saying and I didn't like the food. The first few days were hard to get used to. But by the end, I was in LOVE. I had finally realized that even though Paris wasn't London, it was just as beautiful.





This picture is horrible quality... but who cares it's the MONA LISA. 


We went to the Louvre on a Sunday and got in for free. It was actually pretty crazy because the line for the Louvre was over three hours long... but little did they know that if you went in the side door, there was no line and you got in for free. It was pretty dang awesome. 


The streets were my favorite part. Cobblestone roads, old buildings, bikes. What more could you ask for?


Notre Dame... breathtaking.



Possibly my favorite memory from London. The Pont Des Arts. We even put our own lock on it. :)





Until next time, Paris... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment