Monday, September 7, 2015

A Birthday Reunion


Today, I got to surprise my best friend as an early birthday present for her! I got up early, drove to a&m, and nearly cried when I saw her. It's so hard being away from the people who know you best, so being with her, even if just for a couple hours, is such an absolute blessing. We got some lunch, went to Hobby Lobby (and I bought something of course... it's a dangerous place), and then got our nails done. It was a great, great day.

While we were at lunch, we got to talking about the difference between freshman and sophomore year. And trust me, there is a huge difference. This time last year I was so homesick - physically homesick. But now just a year later, I'm okay. Yeah, I miss home but it's not always in the back of my mind like it used to be. I'm not dying to get in my car and hit I-35 until I make it home. It's a wonderful thing what a year of growth and maturity can do. We also talked about how much more comfortable we feel with our sororities. To say I was overwhelmed with balancing school and greek life would be an understatement. There were times when I wondered if it was even for me. But a year and lots of memories later, I am obsessed with my sisters and my chapter. It's an awesome feeling realizing how comfortable you have become with something. Whether it's greek life or another organization, I've found that giving something time is what can help you to realize it's all worth it. I will never feel instantly at home with something. I need time to adjust. That's exactly what I have done this past year and I am so, so grateful I picked UT as my school and KD as my home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment