Thursday, September 17, 2015

A Weekend Full of Family


Right now, I'm sitting in my PR writing class writing this post (oops). Because instead of talking about grammar and writing tips, I want to talk about my weekend. And hey, I'm writing, so that's all that matters, right?

I finally got to go home for a couple of days this weekend and I was thrilled. I'm pretty sure everyone knows I'm a homebody, so home was perfect in every way. On Thursday night I got home and went straight to get some tex mex and have girl time with my mom, sister, and grandma. The next morning I told myself I was going to sleep in. But of course, I roll over to look at the clock, feeling refreshed like it's maybe 11:00 or noon, and it was 8:25 am. Sleeping in in college, even just till 8:25, is still great - I'll take what I can get. On Friday, I hung out with my grandma (it was her birthday!) and went to a fun family dinner. Afterwards, my sister, dad, and I hit up the Coppell carnival. We got our faces painted and felt all nostalgic about when we went to the carnival as kids. It was so fun getting to be silly again with my family. On Saturday, I made muffins and napped and played with my pups. Later, my dad spoiled my mom, sister, and I with a steak dinner and III Forks. I've never felt so fancy! I could get used to meals like that...

I ended up not coming back till Monday morning. With family time like that, it was hard to leave. Funny story actually... I got up at 5:00 in the morning on Monday to make it back to Austin for my 9:30 class. I made it back and while I'm walking to class, I grabbed a breakfast bar. I'm allergic to sunflower seeds and other random nuts, and just my luck, there were sunflower seeds in the breakfast bar. I sat in stats for only 10 minutes before I had to leave. I prayed the entire walk back to the house that I wouldn't pass out in the middle of campus (that would be the most embarrassing moment of my life) because I kept seeing stars. My mouth and hands were so itchy and my stomach hurt like no other. But, I made it back to my bed, took a benadryl, and slept for a couple of hours. But seriously - just my luck, right? I had to come back for stats (because it is way too difficult to miss) and I ended up missing it anyways... thanks sunflower seeds!

A couple of pictures from the weekend and past few days:




^ I'm so obsessed with my dogs, it's unreal. 

^ Hookin' em after my favorite tex mex at home (ignore my sister)

^ Leaving at 5:00 am for Austin has it's perks, like watching the sunrise and getting donuts (ignore the bird poop on the window)

^ Darah and I are awkward twins! Stripes on stripes on stripes.

^ Love my Clara... and Shake Shack.
^ OKAY, SAMMY. He is a model. Like, where do I find an agent for him? Serious inquiry.

Now I'm looking forward to a weekend full of football, naps, and good food. Oh, and lot's studying. Can't forget that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment