Sunday, July 13, 2014

Big D


Yesterday, I spent the day in Dallas with some awesome people. My mom is the coolest, and booked a room at the W for my sister's birthday, which meant that I had an excuse to hang out at the pool all day. My sweet friend Caroline came with me! We kept joking that we didn't quite belong at the W (very rich 25 year olds while we still look like we're 15...), but we tried to fit in as best we could. No one tripped, fell, slipped, or anything else embarrassing! I'd say it was a success ;) 

^ my sweet sister. Happy 22nd, Meri!

Caroline and I explored a little bit more of Dallas and stopped to eat dinner at the Truck Yard. It reminded me of Austin, with it's food trucks and overall design. There were even dogs everywhere... and a dachshund, which of course, I freaked over. Afterwards, we headed across the street to Steel City Pops. Even though the bees there were ridiculous, I would totally recommend it. It was awesome.

^strawberry popsicle. yessssss.

After a few more stops (and one to Anthropologie, of course) we headed home. It's safe to say, I was exhausted. But, I am so thankful to have days like that. It makes me excited to head off to college and spend more days exploring the city with my friends. Days spent stumbling upon cool things and eating really good food are my kind of days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment