Saturday, August 30, 2014

Dorm Life

It's been almost two weeks since I left Coppell, but it feels like longer. I consider myself a real "Austinite" now.  There is so much to cover in one post, so I'll try and keep it short... but it probably won't be. 


Rush week was insane. The week was exhausting, heartbreaking, fun, and everything in between. It made my hatred for Texas heat grow even more and I realized how awesome cars really are... I now have a love/hate relationship with walking. I always said I wanted to live in a pedestrian city, but I figured out pretty quickly that walking can be so tiring. When rush was over, I ended up exactly where I wanted to be (KAPPA DELTA!). I'm so happy to officially be in a sorority and have an awesome group of girls to call my sisters.



Class started Wednesday and I'm already so overwhelmed. Being a PR major, all of my classes this semester are reading based, so basically I'll be reading 4 books all at one time. Uh, help? No matter how much you prepare for college, I don't think anyone can mentally be ready for how difficult the classes will be. Hopefully I'll adjust to this college life soon, or else my grades are going to suffer...



I've been trying to go out and meet new people and eat new food and see new places. So far, so good! Although, I will admit, I have been crazy homesick. Being such a homebody doesn't mix well when you're a college student... and I also miss Johnny Boy like crazy. I'll admit, I have cried a few times, but I'm trying to be strong! Thanksgiving can't get here fast enough.

^ I just wanted to put this in here because John is SO CUTE! And I miss him a whole bunch. Yale, why do you have to be so far away?

Tonight is the first football game for me here in Austin... wish me luck! Time to put on some high waisted shorts and find cowboy boots to borrow (I don't own cowboys boots... oops?)
Hook 'em Horns!

1 comments:

  1. how freakin handsome is John?? hope things are getting better, girlfrien!

    ReplyDelete