Sunday, August 16, 2015

Going to the Chapel


My cousin got married this past Saturday and my parents were awesome enough to fly me home for the wedding. I was stoked! The day of the wedding was also my last day with John for a while... so it was an important day for me!

We got all dressed up and headed to the beautiful Watermark Church of Dallas and watched the two lovebirds get married. I was crying the whole time... I was ridiculous. He is the first cousin in our family to get married, so it was a special moment. It made me realize that we really are all growing up and our lives are changing. Sometimes I want the clock to stop, but seeing how happy and exciting his future looks made me excited for my own. 


John and I danced the night away, literally. At high school dances, I was still super self conscious and worried about what people would think of me dancing. But last night, John and I didn't care! Dancing with him made me want to have dance parties every night. I think they're good for the soul. It was even better when my family came out and danced with us... there's something about having your dad do the robot that just makes your whole day.

It was such a beautiful day and night and the perfect backdrop for my last few hours with John before our next year of long distance. Saying goodbye to him this morning was tough - cue the tears. And then saying goodbye to wonderful family and puppies at the same time - cue the waterfall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment