Saturday, August 1, 2015

Love Does



I recently read Love Does by Bob Goff. It's one of the most incredible books - easily now one of my favorites. It's a Christian autobiography about Bob's life. His crazy, fantastic life. Page after page, I was dumbfounded by the life he has lived and the memories he has. After every chapter I would be like, "MOM! You won't believe this."

Reading this book got me thinking about my own life. Most days, I just wish for the next day. I don't enjoy what is right in front of me. I am constantly dreaming about better things ahead. But come on... there are some many beautiful things in my life everyday that I ignore. Like waking up to my dogs licking my face. Or smelling the coffee that my dad is making. Or realizing how lucky I am that I woke up for another day. Another day to conquer the world. 

I also realized that I play it safe way too much. I'm too scared to try anything new. I'm always thinking about how I could get hurt, or get in trouble, or do something wrong. But life isn't about being safe... or about being perfect for that matter. It's about being open to your fears and facing them. It's about trying new things and living a life full of adventure, because that's it - you only get one life.

All I have to say is thanks Bob Goff. And thank you, God!

0 comments:

Post a Comment