Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dear Mom,

Coppell has had it's fair share of deaths. Any town has. Some may say I've been lucky to not know any of the people who have died extremely well because the pain I felt is nothing compared to what true friends felt. But, anytime there is another death, it always makes me wonder what I would do in that situation. Especially if it was my mom. This week, Coppell lost one heck of a mom. I hadn't known her, but from what I heard she was awesome. Really awesome. My heart breaks for the family as they have to go on without a mom. To me, a mother is the glue that holds a family together. Without my mom, I truly have no idea what I would do with myself. Who would I vent to? Who would I cry to? Who would love me no matter what I did? 
I love my mom more than anything in the world and losing her would wreck me. I don't thank her or tell her I love her or love on her as much I shoud of. Heck, I don't do even half of what I should do for her. So, I thought I'd thank her. Maybe reading this will make you want to thank your mom too. And tell her you love her. And hug her. Because, we won't have our moms forever and that idea is too scary to fathom. 

Dear Mom,
Thank you for still making my lunch in the morning exactly the way I want it. Thank you for waking up at 6:00 am every morning to send me off to school, like you've done my entire life. Thank you for offering to pour my cereal, or help me with my hair, and asking if I slept well. Thank you for being there when I get home from school, with ready ears. Thank you for listening to me complain, complain, and complain and thank you for always being on my side. Thank you for telling me when I'm wrong, even though I clearly don't want to hear it. Thank you for always going to get mexican food with me and making me laugh until my stomach hurts. Thank you for letting me bother you while you watch TV and never telling me to go away. Thank you for letting me ask you a million questions. Thank you for running errands for me. Thank you for still offering to dry my hair after taking a shower and wanting to help with my makeup. Thank you for telling me I look pretty when I get all dressed up. Thank you for helping me pick out outfits and thank you for having a good sense of style... sometimes. Thank you for rubbing my back. Thank you for loving John and always having good boyfriend advice. Thank you for loving and reading and supporting my blog. Thank you for everything you've ever done for me. Thank you for loving me and proving to me that you will never stop.



Love, Madi


0 comments:

Post a Comment