Monday, May 12, 2014

Families Past


My grandma totally understands my love for antique treasures. She always has something to show me, which I love. Last night, I was at her house and she gave me a box of her parents things. Like their licenses, old checks, wallets, and even their marriage license from 1936. 


I'm so glad my grandma trusts me enough to give me all of these things. It is all so special, at first I said no. I didn't want to lose such sacred things! But in the end, I took them, after she told me I would take care of it all better than anyone else would. 



 

Apparently my great grandma truly believed the world would end in 2012... crazy.

It is so humbling to look back on your families past. I find it so interesting hearing about how they lived back then. Looking at these things makes you realize how important your roots really are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment